Research is one of the top priorities in Siberian State Medical University. University Research Centers and Labs as well as various scientific projects are aimed at advancing fundamental understanding of nature, clinical medicine and health awareness. From Immunobiology and Bioengineering to Molecular diagnostics the research efforts of the University span a wide field of topics. This provides breadth of expertise and excellence in a medical field.
Siberian State Medical University trains the next generation of doctors by performing high quality medical research and by offering excellent education.
Projects and partnerships:
- Siberian State Medical University was the first Russian medical school to receive multimillion funding from the Government of the Russian Federation
- GMP certified Center for New Technologies Implementation designed for industrial scaling in the field of pharmacy.
- SSMU is the coordinator of the Technological Platform "Medicine of the Future" – the platform that brings together technology startups and research projects, industry experts and government. It is included in the list of approved and recommended sources for implementation by the Government of the Russian Federation.
- Siberian State Medical University is an official partner of "Skolkovo" Innovation Center. Scientists of Siberian State Medical University started an enterprise in the field of regenerative medicine and tissue bioconstructor development, which is now a resident in Skolkovo.
- In 2012 Siberian State Medical University initiated launch of innovative cluster of Tomsk region "Pharmaceuticals, Medical Technology, Information Technology". It is included in the list of pilot programs for the development of innovative regional clusters, approved by the Government of the Russian Federation.
- Siberian State Medical University has developed a system of strategic partnerships with both small innovative and large industrial companies in the field of pharmaceuticals and medical equipment (including cooperation with JSC "Pharmstandard" for research and clinical studies).
- Siberian State Medical University hosts 8 Research Centers in the following fields of medicine:
- Molecular Medicine
- Innovative Technologies in Morphology
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Pharmaceuticals)
- Biocompatible materials and Bioengineering
- Laser technologies in medical diagnostics
- Experimental and Clinical Immunology
- Evidence-based medicine
- SSMU scientists spun off eight technology startups.
- SSMU employees took training on IP commercialization and innovation management, specializing in university innovation infrastructure and technology parks in Switzerland, France, Austria, USA, Israel, China, and others.
- Siberian State Medical University has also implemented several international scientific and technological projects in cooperation with the University of Minnesota and the city of Vanderbilt (USA), University of Montreal (Canada), the National Heart and Lung Institute (UK), Kinki University (Japan) and others